Wednesday 21 December 2011

Six Months

 In exactly six months Nick and I will be setting out from Oviedo on the Camino Primitivo headed for Santiago . We will have spent the previous day and night in Oviedo, and with a bit of luck will be setting off early on a sunny morning.

The Primitivo is perhaps the hardest of the Camino's and said to be the most beautiful and one of the most friendly. What with everything else I hadn't thought much of next year's walkies, but today have been net-surfing checking out pictures, blogs and the suchlike. I am really looking forward to another Camino, and also to introducing Nick to the experience.

And this will be our starting point: The Cathedral in Oviedo:


6 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky things i so wsih i was coming too,I'm going to miss not walking with you next year Mark , But i do know iam staying behind for a very special and wonderful reason ,Well i think so anyway .So when you and Nick get back there should be a new grandchild here well thats if Amy has her dates right (she best have !) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! More stories and maybe another book!! I am envious that I can't join you and Nick ... looking forward to the countdown and the actual journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful - what a beautiful place to start - and what an amazing way to end 2011 with a plan for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Janey I shall miss you next year- but I'm sure Nick will look after me (little does he know what's in store!!!)
    Yes Michelle we are both intending to 'blog' as much as possible whilst we are walking, and I think there may be another book from it- especially as there are few on the Primitive Camino in English!
    And yes Beverly I'm looking forward to seeing Oviedo,and all points between there and Santiago, and this is just one of my plans for 2012- which will be another glorious year for us- and I hope for all you lot too. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rubbish! I've been caught up in all the Christmas activity and disn't see this blog until now. Funny how I have to come into work to get some free time!!!

    I bought a new camera last week so pictorially at least the walk will be covered in all it's glory. I shall be blogging too. Hopefully more frequently than Ido at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having checked out some of the Albergues on the way I've seen that not many have internet access, so blogging may be sporadic - I guess I'll be relying on Tony's skills of posting a text message I send and adding to it.
    Great you have a new camera - I hope it's not too heavy!! I've bought my journal for the walk already...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: