Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

It's been a lovely day today.

This morning we tidied round a bit and did very little else. Tony did do some ironing and I caught up on e-mails (again).

I did a bit of cooking - I made some sausages and froze them then we then had a delicious pea and cabbage soup (with a hint of mint) for lunch.
After lunch I settled down to do a bit of reading while Tony had his siesta.

This afternoon we watched a DVD I bought recently  -The girl with the Dragon Tattoo (in Swedish). I had been told it is a superior version to the one which is about to hit the screens from Hollywood. Having just read the book I was keen to see if it stayed true to the original story.  Although I enjoyed the film I have to say that it started out well, but soon changed the story from the book and even missed some of the important details (in my opinion).

This evening I've been baking again- sausage rolls, mushroom vol-au-vents and cheese slices. meanwhile Tony was wrapping his presents for me.

We're now witting in front of the telly - enjoying an old Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special - I have to say the old ones really are the best! Later on we've got a Les Dawson special too. Whilst watching we've been chowing down on the delicious cheeses Julie dropped round yesterday with the bottle of red wine she also gifted us for Christmas.

So all that remains before I sign off is to wish all my dear friends and family a Wonderful Christmas . Enjoy the day - we intend to, and I'll tell you all about it soon.

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment: