Thursday 15 March 2012

Career Choices

This morning I had a meeting with the owners of the school to talk about what I wanted for next year. Yes they really are that facilitative!

We talked about this year, and they thanked me profusely for my work  - now do you get the idea why I like working for S/N?

I said I want to pretty much do the same as I have been doing this year, and it was pretty much agreed. Of course it will depend on the needs of the business come September, but the future still looks rosy.

Whilst I was chatting with them we talked about my writing. One of them has already bought 'The Magic', but they didn't realise it was a one off. They were most impressed when I said I already have a second published, and am writing a sequel, with a kids book in hand for a future project.  They were a bit worried they might lose me to the heady world of best-sellers, nice dream but one step too far a the moment, notice I'm not saying never! I hadn't realised that I hadn't already told them of my 4th cousin relationship to Mr William Shakespeare, (I thought everyone knew by now!) they thought that could be a good selling point for my books and should appear on the dust cover, and also wondered about using it for a school's promotion!! (hahaha) It did make me think though- just how much I love writing, so as soon as I got home I attached myself to the PC and set down a few more thousand words. In my daydreams I am already a wildly successful author, and I guess that's the biggest career choice for me!




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful 'daydream', Mark! Love the connection to Shakespeare and love your love of writing ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Yes - and one day it will be true! AS for my famous cousin, I'm sure there are many connected I am just one of the few who have found it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: