Friday 23 March 2012

My kids....

This morning I took Cuddy and Xali on a slightly longer walk, feeling that my leg was well enough to do so. I really love the way the gamble around. Cuddy loves water and after the rains of a few days ago there's a huge puddle on our walk that she loves to play in. She's completely crazy playing in it, and sticks her head right the way under, blowing bubbles, just so she can find just the right stone to carry around for the rest of the walk.

Xali is more reserved and gently walks along the edge of the puddle occasionally sipping as he pauses. However he does love to run in the sports field, and it is a pure JOY to see him gambling about, and a relief to see he is still full of the spark of life. He may be heading towards 13 years old, but still acts like a puppy now and again.  At times I feel like I am dragging myself out of bed to take them out, but as soon as we get in the fields and they start their antics I realise it is all, and always, worthwhile. 

The cats are happy the sun is out again too, and have spent a lot of the day running, or rather chasing each other around the yard and back in. This does means that the floor is grubby as quickly as it is cleaned, but their games give me the greatest of laughs too.

If you didn't know by know, my animals are my JOY and get and deserve the love I lavish on them. I couldn't imagine our house without them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: