Sunday 25 March 2012

Weekend

Where to begin?

Dream

Well at the end of last week I had an incredible dream, that actually woke me up. I dreamt I was at a well-known publishers discussing the rights to my book. Now I'm not sure which book it was but who knows - let's hope it was a premonition type dream - wouldn't that be a hoot.


Saturday Shopping


Saturday morning, as it was my weekend off, we decided to head up to Barnasud, the shopping centre in Gava (a town just up the coast) and see if we could find some paper to cover the Easter Eggs I'm planning to make as I'm not having any luck finding anything suitable in VnG. We also planned to check in MediaMarkt to see about getting me a Laptop so I can sit in the living room and type etc, and no longer be banished to the hallway. And guess what- that's exactly what I'm typing this on at the moment. It's taking a  bit of getting used to, and of course I've had to transfer all my favourite programmes form the main PC onto here, but little by little I'm getting used to it. What FUN....

Saturday Evening


This week we've been to the pictures. at the local cinema in town they weer showing 'The Artist' and seeing as it is basically a silent film we thought we wouldn't have too many problems watching it in the Spanish cinema. we knew it had got a load of Oscars, but didn't know anyone who had seen it. We weren't disappointed though- it's a great film, equal measures of laughter and a few tears - we really enjoyed it and I have to admit to having a guilty pash for the leading man!


After the film we went for an Indian, and enjoyed the food immensely once again. It's just a real shame it doesn't get busier.


And so to Today:


 I've even managed to get a few more thousand words added to the Winner sequel, which was on hold for while when I was unable to sit at  the PC cos of my back/leg.

I've also done a bit of 'baking'  well I've made another Tiffin cake - teachers beware -chocolate goodies coming your way tomorrow......

4 comments:

  1. I loved the movie the Artist - wasn't it just wonderful. Congrats on the new laptop - it is nice to be able to multi-task.
    Congrats on the word count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great film isn't it -gentle and not taxing -perfect for a night out.
    Still struggling with the laptop- I'll buy a mouse in duty free at the weekend. Then I'm sure I'll be a little more comfortable. It's not stopped my flow for writing though which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you all lapped up!! Hope you're enjoying it. Google laptop lap cushions. A great IDE if you're sitting on the sofa using one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup - still trying to get used.- And I like the look of the cushions. May check them out in the UK when Jane and me is shopping next week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: