Monday 12 November 2012

Half way; plus...

I started the morning off with a Skype call with Michelle in Australia, who is also doing the NaNoWriMo challenge.  We had a great chat about our writing projects and other things , and I felt even more than inspired by the time we had finished. 

I had set myself a goal to have at least 25,00 words written before turning the computer off tonight, well I am happy to say I have now written 26.066 words and had done by five thirty this afternoon despite:

  • Having to go to the supermarket to get a new microwave as ours had started 'sparking'.
  • Wrangle with our neighbour who had crashed into our car while reversing in the road, then lied about it- lucky the boys in the bar were watching and called him on it.
  • Then had to spend nearly two hours talking with the insurance company and copying and sending them documents by e-mail.
  • Had a 'long' interruption when two women came from the electric company to check our bill, and wanted me to sign something without reading it.
  • Had to prepare lessons, and actually teach some English (can you believe the inconvenience of it all) 
SO I'm signing off for now to go give myself another pat on the back.  Oh and BTW I am having such a great time travelling with my characters. 

Today's Photo Challenge:
 Drink... A Bailey's bananacolada -just one of the delicious cocktails we had whilst cruising the Adriatic back in September. Mm could do with one of those now! 



4 comments:

  1. WHAT a day!! Talk about high's and lows on the TulStig rollercoaster that is life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day indeed, but without the lows there would be no highs, and then we wouldn't know just how good we've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired after our Skype call, too, Mark! Then I was inspired all over again when I woke up the following morning to find that you had blitzed our goal! Awesome writing effort in a funny kind of day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to say that must of my days are 'funny kinds of days'- these sort really make life more interesting.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: