Thursday 8 November 2012

Isn't it amazing...

Yesterday I started the morning with a little bit of writing, which I happily interrupted for a Skype video-call with a great friend from down under. Despite a few technological problems (the call dropped out on and off) we had a great chat and catch up.  Isn't it amazing.... to be able to talk to someone the other side of the world and see each other at the same time.

At about 10am we found out that we had no water. There had been some kind of problem down the road and the water mains had been turned off.  Fortunately we had plenty of bottled water, but the number of times we went to the tap to run some water direct was incredible.... isn't it amazing how we (I) can take something so necessary to life for granted.

Having just seen an 'advert' for a charity that digs wells in Africa I think it's time I put my hand in my pocket again. Isn't it amazing how synchronicty works, and amazing how adverts can affect us deeply, and for me especially when it's about animals or young kids.

This morning I had a bout twenty minutes before setting off to school, so set myself a quick writing challenge. I pushed myself into a 'sprint-write. I gave myself 10 minute to type as much of my story as I could, without worrying about typos, and happily I wrote 496 words, with only a few typos, and moved the story along... isn't it amazing how we can when we try.

And so to my story... it's running along really well, I'm well on my way to the 20,000 milestone, which I hope to achieve tomorrow.  I'm still enjoying the character and the story immensely. I even gave up sitting in the sun to write some more this afternoon to make sure I'm reaching the daily goal. I have a couple of concerns about the writing - primarily is it the right register? (ie aimed at the right level for kids) and a couple of other more specific thoughts so if anyone fancies reading the first three chapters and giving me some constructive feedback I'd be most grateful.  Isn't it amazing how at this stage in my writing (just under halfway through) I always get the collywobbles and worry if I'm on the right track.

And the photo challenge.

Day 7 - Reflection. 
Now the nights are drawing n the french doors are reflecting back in the living room, often causing the animals to stop and ponder either the reflection, or just themselves reflected.


Day 8 - something I do every day...
Well at least at the moment. I take a few minutes out each afternoon for a cuppa (tea, coffee or juice), a biscuit and read a few pages of whatever book I'm currently into. And what I'm currently reading is 'The Moonstone Inn' a book edited by Alan Hayes, a very distant cousin who does the cover designs for my books. Also available on Lulu.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: