Thursday 29 November 2012

The Search for the Magic Key

Today was the day I finally finished writing my very first children's novel.  I was so thrilled. The story has had some twists and turns that I hadn't foreseen. My characters, as is often the case when I write, carried the plot along for me, and pushed, pulled or ragged me in the direction that they wanted to go. I loved being there with them.

Today I wrote 2,346 words, and ended with an average of 2,043 words a day. My total number of words being 59,256. This may change slightly as I edit and proof, but will be more or less the same.

I'm putting it all aside for a few days then will pick it up and run with it again. BUt for now my new baby is born, and I am sooooooooooooo happy.

Advance orders being accepted!!

BTW - this is not a true depiction of the key - It's so much more incredible than this. As is the whole book!!




2 comments:

  1. How does it feel? Is it real yet? What an amazing achievement!!

    WELL DONE! you deserve the caps lock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS you'll see from today's blog it feels kinda odd today, not to be running around with my five heroes.
    However other books are bursting to be written, so I'll soon be back at it.
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: