Monday 9 April 2012

All things Bright and Beautiful...

After our trip to the garden centre yesterday we intended a quick stop on the seafront for a coffee and a spot of people watching, but as there is currently a fair taking up one of the free car-parks and as there were hoards of people with the same idea we could find nowhere in sensible walking distance of the cafes to park. So we just came right on back home again and set to in the garden. 

As Julie had helped us in with the soil we were all set to replant the gardens for a riot of colour in a few weeks. This year we have decided to go with mostly Cape Daisies and ground cover plants in an attempt to stop the cats from using the soil as their toilet, although I'm not too hopeful.

Once all the plants were planted- well mostly of them as I still need to do a bit of DIY on the structure on the roof before I plant the tomato plants -we then took a well earned break and relaxed to enjoy the fruits of our labour.  

The sun was bright and my boys are beautiful:

 Sprout enjoys the sun ion the middle of re-planted garden.
 whilst R2 supervises from the arbour bench
 And Tommy watches on from the stone bench...
And Vinci simply dozes in the warmth of the sun.

7 comments:

  1. I was looking at some pictures of Sprout recently and I can't believe how much he's grown! It's brilliant to think what a different life he could have had before finding you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different? I'm not sure he would have survived even another hour or so had we not picked him up that morning. He's so cariñoso (as we say here) too, but a bugger with it. HE thinks I am his only and if one of the other cats dares to sit on my lap he'll come over and swipe them off even if her doesn't want to sit on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - I hope you read the other post from the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I saw it and forgot to comment. I did mention it to Carla too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks very Pretty Mark ,An aray of colour.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOt suer if you mean the cats or the flowers ? ;-]
    And this is just the start. BY summer the garden will be looming blossoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that should have said Blooming Blossoming!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: