Saturday 21 April 2012

Is food my life?

Most of tonight's post is about food and what I've been eating recently (perhaps I should have maintained my other 'foody' blog).
 
Last night we had one of our favourite meals - Rice,Peas and gravy. Nothing cordon blue, but something we love all the same. Last night I had it with Potato Salad and Rocket. At this point I was going to insert a photo of said dinner, but it seems the memory card wasn't properly inserted in the camera, so here's one of Xali and Vinci in an intimate moment.

 

Today we've been to Beverly Hills (an American Style restaurant on the main Rambla) with Julie for lunch, as we were both working this morning it seemed like a good plan, and indeed was. It's been an age since we lunched together.  Starters of mixed veggies fired -yummy and a pasta dish for me for main course- nice but not wild. Tony had a burger (yes he's off the veggie wagon these days) and Julie had a Californian Club Sandwich, all washed down with a  little wine. 

Tony had been round the market before meeting us and had bought a tray of strawberries (I feel a Jam making session coming on), some tangerines (Marmalade perhaps) and some tasty looking plum tomatoes.

And just this minute I've just had a delicious Cheese and Ham Toastie - Yes veggie products are getting better and better here, and more available, although the veggie ham here is not as good as the stuff I usually buy in Sainsbury's in the UK.

But to end I just want to mention the counter up in the top right of this page- yes it's now less than two month's before i set off for Oviedo an my next Camino. This week I had an e-mail from Vueling who I am flying up there with, to tell me that the flight time had changed. I'm now leaving BCN at 7.30 in the morning which means I have to be there for 5.30- now that creates a logistic problem- looks like I'll have to get the night bus, unless anyone fancies an early morning trip to the airport.
On the same/similar note my credencial arrived (forwarded by Janey) this week- This is my passport for the Camino and gets me into the albergues. Step by step things are starting to come together.... and yes one of my concerns for the walk is what will I eat....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: