Monday 16 April 2012

Another weekend gone...

So there went another weekend. Isn't it unsettling how quickly time passes, particularly for those of us with more miles on the clock.  

Friday night we decided to pop into Sitges for dinner to our fave Chinese restaurant of the moment.  ON the way there the clouds across the sea looked amazing so I just had to capture the image as best I could.


Saturday wasn't a great day weather wise, but we made the most of it by catching up on some cleaning, and even had time to do a bit of writing and reading. I managed to finish 'The half of a yellow sun' - a great book if you're looking for something to while away a few hours.


Spring is bouncing into life here, and yesterday I took the plunge to start revving things up in the garden. I needed to renovate the screen on the roof (tick); plant the tomatoes and cucumbers (tick); sow some grass for the cats (tick), sow other seeds (tick) and generally tidy up the whole yard (tick).

Tomatoes an Cucumbers all in tidy rows, in front of the renovated screen.


How satisfying to have got done all the little jobs I set myself for the morning. However there a slight downside- all the bending, pulling and stuff meant that I had a bit of pain in my back and leg again by the end of the day- but I put on the heat pad and all was (and is) well.

In the evening Paolo and Denise joined us for dinner, although Denise's strict diet regime meant she stuck (more or lass) to the steamed veggies, whilst the rest of us chowed down on Leek, potato and parsley pie with veggies and onion gravy, followed by strawberries and crams. A perfect end to a near-perfect weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset.
    We are still eating the beautiful cucumbers and tomatoes we planted. Waiting for the watermelons to finish ripening.
    Your dinner sounded so Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT truly was beautiful Beverly.
    As for the planting - we are looking forward to enjoying a good crop- isn't it wonderful to be able to pick something and put it straight into a meal.. how lucky are we ?!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: