Wednesday 18 April 2012

Meatballs for dinner

"What on earth" can I hear someone exclaim "is this veggie up to eating a plate of spaghetti with meatballs?" Whilst others will already have realised that I am talking veggie meatballs- still not sure what one calls a meatball when it has no meat in it? A vegetarian meatball doesn't seem right does it, and a veggie ball sounds like a party (ehem). 
Anyway we were more than pleased to find that our veggie burger place in the market is now doing veggie meatballs and veggie sausages too. And all at reasonable prices. At last we are starting to be served with what we want. 
I was a little worried that the veggie-balls might be too meaty tasting, but they're not and Tony made a delicious tomato and herbie sauce to go with it all that suited them just right. All this meaning I had two big plates full and went to bed well full.


2 comments:

  1. Even to a carnivore like me - that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah Veggie balls in VnG. Whatever next??!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: