Wednesday 11 April 2012

Preview.

Sometimes reality and my writing gets a little confused. And it's not just me! Yesterday, as Tony was doing the first proofing of the first half of the Winner sequel. later when he was watching the news he said he was almost waiting for news of something in the book to come on the screen- I'll divulge no more as I don't want to give up any spoilers.

Today I've been back in the zone and have written another couple thousand words. At first I felt a little lost as to where the story was going but stuck with what I was typing and hey presto, one of the  characters said something that fitted the 'scene' into the rest of the story so well and gave a launching pad for the next part of the book too. Have faith in your work 'young' man I told myself... it is going where it should be. 

As a little tester/taster I sent the first few pages of 'Winner Too' to Nick and Janey as I knew they had both finished 'Winner' and I wouldn't be giving anything away. As anyways first 'putting my words out there' was a bit scary, but I should have trusted as both came back with positive feedback. I now just need to get on with the writing, so they can read the finished product.

If you've already read 'Winner' and would like a teaser of the sequel let me know and I can send you the first few pages too. If you haven't finished it yet I'll not send it to you as it gives away some of the original story. And if you haven't even bought, or started reading 'Winner' yet- the big question is WHY? Get over to lulu.com now and make a present to yourself.

I'm hoping to finish and publish 'Winner Too' before I go on the Camino again in June......

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a great sign? When you actually believe in something so strongly it entwines with your real life?
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened during the writing of winner as well - we'd be watching 'X-Factor' and I'd be (almost) waiting for my characters to come out on the stage.
    Whilst writing I agonise over the characters' fates as if the ywere the lives of real people, cos to me they are!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: