Monday 23 April 2012

Saint George's day

Or as we say here in Cataluña -El Dia San Jordi, where it's an important day in the calendar. It's traditional here to give roses to the lady you love, or a book to the man in your life. 

I started the day off well with a couple of slices of toast slathered with the homemade strawberry jam I made yesterday. Then I did a few bits and pieces round the house before meeting Sue and Liliana for a coffee and natter down the road in Granja Neus
 After a good chat and catch up I walked back up the hill home for a delicious green veggie soup.
 This afternoon I had a couple of classes so walked along the Rambla to see the rose stalls and the book stalls, all overlooked by the Giants of VnG.
 Ah yes- VnG on another fiesta day -anyone getting the message why we so love living here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: