Saturday 28 April 2012

Such a perfect day- I want to share it with you...

Another wondrous day here on the Costa del Brill (play on words in English and Spanish there!).

This morning I woke up and (as per my recent reading) told myself I was going to have a great day. In the shower I sang feel-good songs (Everything is beautiful, Oh what a beautiful morning etc) and imagined myself being showered with everything I could want. In the mirror I told me I loved me (felt a bit odd, but kinda good too). I even said hello to my belly and thanked the Universe for giving me the food to create such a girth. (also a bit odd, but hey I'm going with it). Walking the dogs I chatted to them, and any live creature that came by thanking them for sharing my morning etc etc, AND.. GUESS WHAT - I HAVE had a great day.

After walking the dogs I popped down to the market, texting Sue on the way. She and Jordi were also on their way out so after I'd bought some delicious looking Strawberries, and a couple of kilos of vine-tomatoes we met up for a coffee. It was lovely to see their new little family altogether, although poor Jordi looked wiped out -Liliana didn't sleep well last night apparently.

Walking back from the market I marvelled at how much better my back and leg are- just a week ago even the thought of walking back from town would have been agonising.

For lunch we were invited to Julie's- she was making risotto- Oh oh- I really don't like risotto- However I promised her I would give it my best shot - I promise you not, Julie, I really did enjoy it. I think I may have tactlessly mentioned that I had never had a risotto I had enjoyed before -but this one was tasty -I even had second helpings.

This evening we've been watching the box (at least until the signal cut out)- Britain's got talent has had me in tears again- I so love it that these people are being given a platform to share their talents. And now it's pouring with rain- just what the garden needs, and we've been sitting watching it, as the TV satellite signal has dropped off. I have to say it's the perfect end to another perfect day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful post
    Oh what beautiful prose
    You had a wonderful day
    And made me start to pray . . .

    Mark thank you for the inspiration - I am going to have a fantastic day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beverly- Fortunately the world is working in my favour for sure, and giving me such inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - that wasn't anon- for soem reason there was a glitch there- it was ME!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: