Friday 6 April 2012

A Good Friday...

Here it has most definitely been a good Friday for us.

I started the day with a leisurely walk through the fields with Cuddy & Xali. When I got back I started to put together the Mona cake I have been making for Julie. Yesterday I made the sponge base and the butter icing and a couple of chocolate eggs for assembling today. The Icing went well, but when I tried to fix the tow halves of the egg together it started to melt in my hot hands, and I started to get a bit stressed. Finally it all came right and when I gave it to Julie later she was thrilled:

Lunch today was at Julie's place down in Cubelles. She was testing a new recipe on us, as sent over by her mum in New Zealand. We started off with Leek an Potato soup (Vichyssoise- yes Olga that is what it is called!) and followed that with a courgette pasta mix, which she was slightly disappointed with, but was delicious.


Last night was the usual parade around town. From our church the 'villagers' drag a couple of platforms around the town. One has Jesus on the cross, and the other has Mary his mum on. These are preceded by a band made up of local youngsters, and it is all done at slow speed in reverence for the solemnity of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: