Wednesday 25 April 2012

Midweek

Had a lazier day here today, but fairly productive. 

Of course there was the usual housework, and a few school hours, and today I've been researching 'The Camino Primitivo' as my walk for this year looms closer and closer. I had put it on the back burner and had even forgotten how far I was going to be walking- It's just 280 kilometres this year.  Today I've been checking out the slopes and the albergues, and as far as I can tell they all look worth a visit, although one looked  a little dodgy. Well I'll not go on about it for now as there will be more of this over the coming weeks. However I must just mention my technological advance for this year- I've bought a 'Dictaphone' to take with me to talk to and intend to be writing about my adventures sometime later in the year. Of course I'll be updating the blog as often as I can whilst on the road too.

For lunch today we didn't have our usual soup. Instead I had a bocadillo de tortilla de patatas  with tomato and rocket - Yummy. Tony who was feeling a little off colour earlier settled for a cheese and tomato sarnie.

However this evening we've had one of Tony's signature dishes- Chilli, and yup it was just as hot as ever!!  Served with Jacket potatoes and a salad on the side, and cottage cheese as a cooling agent.


2 comments:

  1. YUM! Tony's dinner sounds FABULOUS, as does all your food, Mark. :)

    Cannot believe that it's only 50 odd days until you walk again. The dictaphone is a perfect idea and will make writing the next book so much easier. I love that I am reading "The Magic ..." and imagining you walking while you are preparing for the next stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE are really fortunate to eat well, and lucky too that we both enjoy cooking and eating the same kinds of foods.

    I love that you are loving 'The Magic...' -soon the real walking will begin in preparation for the next one -I feel quite unfit at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: