Thursday 26 April 2012

Another day well-spent.....

All go again at TulStig Towers.

This morning Tony had his usual check up -all stats okay -low on calcium a bit but cholesterol dropping. While he was getting his updates I went shopping in Sitges Carrefour with Sue- it's the first time we've managed to go shopping together since she gave birth to Liliana, so it was quite a treat for all three of us. Afterwards we went down the seafront and had a coffee before returning home with our goodies, which included a couple of cherry-tomato plants.

Lunch today was a delicious bowl of Asparagus soup- made with delicious fresh asparagus, and with the great weather we're having at the moment we had it in the garden again.

During the afternoon I settled down and started a new book - Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson's 'You can create an exceptional life'. Starting it I wasn't sure it was for me, then all of a sudden I was there in the book, and loving it. It validates my ways of thinking and is reminding me of how I want to live my life- basically in a positive way, and full of creativitiy. at times I get stuck and need a reminder of what I need- this book is leading me back onto this track and reminding me of my path. I'm sure I'll be telling more about this book in the next few days' blog posts....


Today we had a delivery from Amazon.com for Tony. A few days ago he told me he'd like one of the choppers like Nigella Lawson uses, so I did an internet search found one on Amazon and voila: today's delivery- A new chopper for Tony, and here he is with chopper in hand: 




And this evening Tony's culinary skills have produced another ultra-tasty dinner. Veggie burgers with alll the trimmings, chips and mushy peas with red wine and onion gravy. So for anyone on a diet look away now and resume reading tomorrow....






2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think we have one of those 'choppers', too. Tony will have so much fun with it!

    Think I'm inspired by asparagus soup, Mark. Is it hard to make?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO it's really easy:
    INGREDIENTS:
    2 bunches green asparagus
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 medium/large potato (for thickening)
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    pint of water (more or les)
    1/5th pint milk or cream
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
    METHOD:
    Sweat the onions until they are translucent (what a lovely word).
    Add the asparagus, broken into small pieces (save a couple of 'heads' for decoration)and the finely chopped potato. boil then simmer until the veggies are soft.
    Using a hand held blender mix the soup to a pulp and add the butter, milk or cream to get a consistency which suits you. Add salt and pepper to taste and put back on the heat for a few minutes with the heads you put aside earlier( they will cook quickly whilst the soup is reheating. Warm the bowls and serve with the heads as decoration. Just before serving add a quick squirt of lemon juice -it really doe make all the difference- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!! let me know if you try it. M xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: