Friday 13 April 2012

Birthdays, English and doubles

First of all I must give a big shout out to sister in law Janey a it's her birthday today.
Happy Birthday Old Thing.
And here's a pic of the Game bird with another game bird - daughter Amy.

I may not have mentioned this before but I really do love my job, particularity when it challenges my knowledge of my language. Most of my lasses are advanced classes which test me from time to time, as well as a couple of intermediate classes and a proficiency class (high level) which regularly makes em think. Today I've also had parent-meetings, which I don't enjoy as much, but at least they're over for another year.
BTW -how good is your English? How many of you can complete the following within 12minutes (approx time allowed at exam level) You may need to enlarge the piece to read it. (you can do this by right clicking it and saving it to your pc then printing or enlarging the image)


Walking down the Rambla after school this afternoon I was checking out a young man coming my way and was surprised at his likeness to Nick. He was such a doppelgänger that I almost went over and hugged him. The features were so similar right down to the tattoos. It really was one of those surreal- is it- isn't it moments. Texting Nick the details of the encounter afterwards has given us both a few giggles!

The 'real' Nick:


3 comments:

  1. Why do I look like I'm riding an I binary bike there? What on earth where we doing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have read imaginary... Thanks iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your first comment I was thinking 'what on earth is a Binary Bike' and was a bout to mail you, then saw your second comment - thanks for the laugh iPad
    and I've no idea what we was doing- a new dance craze perhaps (The Binary Bike?)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: