Monday 22 October 2012

Moving on up

You may, or may not, have noticed recently, but I've not been my usual over-motivated self. In fact I've been quite the opposite. I've needed someone to give me a swift kick in the arris, but not got one yet. Or perhaps I'm just adjusting to the autumnal cycle.... who knows....

Anywhichway I'm back on the ladder, riding the lift to the top again, firing on all cylinders so stand back cos here I go.

Yesterday I made a conscious decision to pick myself up and step up to the plate etc etc and start moving in the right direction again. So today I set to and after updating m,y to-do list I started working on it. Here's a bit of what I've committed to so far.....

  • Translate back page of the Magic (and other book blurbs for inside cover) into Spanish ready for Victoria to check, so I can send to Alan for mock up of Spanish cover. DONE
  • Organise lesson planning to take up as little time as possible. DONE

  • Prioritise final review of 'Winner' for second edition (well edited and proofed). DONE - already finished the first third. Tomorrow will be the second third and so on...
  • Plan for work on 'The Key' - Okay so today I committed to writing as part of the NaNoWriMo challenge during November - 50,000 words in 30 days. That'll just about have the book completed in basic stage.

Feeling more grounded now, and yet ready to run with the wind. These last few months of the year are going to be incredible....

and for a bit of motivation here's one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite groups... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: