Wednesday 17 October 2012

Writing, Eating and Walking...

Another sunny day in VnG...

And today I've almost finished the file update for the re.-release / second edition of Winner- The story is the same of course, but I've improved the grammar and found the typos that were missed by the last edit - going through it all carefully myself this time page by page.

Jane is well into reading 'Take Two'. I spoke to her this morning and she told me she had been reading it at the hairdressers but had to put it down so as not to make a show of herself an burst out crying there and then- I am so pleased (not to make her cry, well, yes and no) that the emotions I poured into the story have come through, and she's hardly half way through yet!

Today is Julie's birthday so I've baked a coffee and walnut cake to take to school. Those teachers are well-spoiled, only yesterday they had raspberry muffins for another of the teacher's birthdays. It's not the most beautiful cake I've ever baked, but it was baked with love and from the offcuts we've tried it's DELISH!

Tonight, after school, we're off to Gilda's again for dinner to celebrate.

And finally, I must just mention my new project- CAMINO 2013!!
Yes I've been wondering where to walk, or whether to walk at all next year, but having had a couple of coincidental things happen telling me about the Camino Ingles I've decided that YES I will be walking again.  (you can find details HERE). It's just 110 -116kms depending on which site you look at, and should take just 4-5 days depending on how many stages we decide to do. And I say we as I have spoken to Janey about it and she's keen to come along again next year. WE are also thinking about then going on to Finisterre (and/or Muxia) on the coast.

SO if anyone would like to join us either for just the Camino Ingles (only 5 days - you know you'd love to!!!!) - we'll see you onto a plane in Santiago, or for the whole thing -we'd love for you to join us. Oh and if you want to walk with us 'virtually' just watch this space as I'll be putting up more news as I find it. Incidentally, today I've been net-surfing to find out about the route an albergues etc

4 comments:

  1. I would love to come, but I'm withholding my decision until nearer the date!

    Cakes looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love you to come to, and will await your decision with high anticipation. I'm guessing you could fly straight to O'Coruna?!

      Delete
  2. Come on Nick ,Its meant to be the three of us i just know we will have a giggle ,as i write this iam giggling and feeling very happy so would'nt you say that was a good enough sign ? .
    What do you think Mark ?.
    Yes and that cake looks yummy did all your chums enjoy it and i hope Julie had a loveyl meal . hugs Janey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I think it would be great to be all out on the way together.

      Cake was delish - nearly all of it went in a few minutes. gannet such as teacher are, and yes we had good dinner at Gilda's again. It's probably the best and most reasonable place in town.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: