Tuesday 30 October 2012

NaNoWriMo

I'm guessing the more observant amongst you will have noticed the badge at the top right of my blog page. Yes i'm about to slip into a month of writing madness.

During the month of November I have taken on the NaNoWriMo challenge again. Last year this resulted in my first novel -Winner. This year I will be writing 'The Key', my first children's book. I've got a sketchy plan of where I want the story to go, but know that as it pans out my characters will have their say and take me where they want to go.

So from the 1st November I have to write an average of 1,667 words a day to achieve my goal of a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month. Like last year I am a bit worried about making the goal, but with a bit of encouragement and concentration, and help from my muse, who has already been sitting on my shoulder and pushing me for a plot outline, I think (scratch that I KNOW) I can do it.

Already I've made writing buddies of two other people who are doing the challenge in VnG, one other writing in English, and one who is writing in Spanish. We are going to encourage each other and may even have a write in (in a local cafe or library) together.

So if I'm not around for days on end it means I'm away with my characters having adventures, so please forgive me.....



6 comments:

  1. Ready, set, GO!

    Glad you are on the journey again - and at the end of November you will have your children's book.

    Good luck and great writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to starting tomorrow, Beverly. And am happy to have found a couple of 'locals' taking part too.

      Delete
  2. I will forgive you Mark , Just get that book done !!!! lol.
    Good luck and i know you are having fun with it so enjoy enjoy , but hurry as i want to enjoy enjoy with some special little friends of mine .x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't expect me to be playing any Facebook games during the next 30 days (well maybe now and then).

      So do you want to read the finished edition, or do you want updates as I finish chapters?

      Delete
  3. I love that you are doing this again, Mark, and that you are writing a kids book! Can't wait to read it!! I also love that you have some buddies nearby! YAY!

    From one wrimo to another ~ HAPPY WRITING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the very same to you!!

      It's going really well, and making me laugh as I write. With real people playing roles in my books I'm having such fun with them.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: