Tuesday 16 April 2013

Green Fingers / fast fingers

I do love my garden, especially at this time of year, and even more so this year. This time of year because things are all coming to life in the garden, and especially this year as I'm starting seeds in the garden to transplant up to the Lottie. 

Yesterday I planted the rhubarb out that Nora sent over from Ireland, and I'd swear that it's growing by the minute. I've covered it with plastic crates so the cats don't use the soil as their toilet. Anyway I think tyhings are looking good so far:

I also transplanted some Okra/Bindi plants from the tray into their own pots, so that they can strengthen up a bit before going up the lottie: 
 This year, as always we are still growing tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce on the roof, and as the weather is improving they are really starting to grow. The lettuce in particular are running away with themselves.
 And here are the chillie plants, doing well. I'm thinking they'll need transplanting soon. I am so looking forward to getting fresh chillies! Hot food coming up. And of course any over production can be dried and hung in the kitchen. 

And of course as well as doing the green finger stuff I'm happiest writing in the garden too. Here's a pic of me today -fingers whizzing across the keyboard as I create another mini story for Writey-Ho
SO have you been over to check out today's story -Edna's tale! 

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant picture that last one is! Well done Tone!! If I were you, I'd have that framed. It radiates happiness. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola,
      Thanks for the comment re the picture. It was actually me that took it -I found the 10 second delay function and was trying it out. Tone was sleeping as iy was siesta time. Brilliant Indeed , I am!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: