Saturday 6 April 2013

Never let me go

It's been a rainy day here on and off all do so indoor sports only taking part....

More writing today on Writey ho, where some favourites make a quick appearance. BLUE


A bit of reading - well in fact I finished Never Le Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.  It is a brilliant book and so thought provoking that I spent much of the afternoon mulling over what it meant.

Gave me the 'aha' moments and brought tears of sadness to my eyes too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and the way in which 'the students weren't told but thought they knew' paralleled my thoughts whilst reading - nothing was spelled out but I thought I knew what was going on, and just like the students were right so was I.

The story created a real enough world for me to actually google a song and singer that play a significant role in the story.

For sometime after reading I was left with profound thoughts, the least not being how we treat animals, who are often more intelligent than we like to believe, yet we simply grow them for food or fodder.

Want a thought provoking, yet still a good read- pick it up and give it a go.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: