Wednesday 17 April 2013

Yesterday -Today (Contrast)

Yesterday I found the news coming out of Boston quite unsettling. Just about 14 years this week Tony and I were in the Admiral Duncan pub, with our amazing friend Kath, when it was bombed.  Normally I am not so affected by 'bomb-news'. What I think hit a chord so deeply this time was the sound -it was so reminiscent of the sound that night in the bar.  However we were lucky to get out relatively unscathed, and are still all great friends although now across the miles.

IT was a bank holiday weekend and we spent most of the time in shock, impacted by finding ourselves on the pages of the Sunday Observer.



Today I had a lovely morning, with an early start. I had agreed to take Sue's mum to the airport for her flight back to the UK. After that Sue and I went to he big shopping centre near the airport and enjoyed a girlie time shopping and having coffees and teas. I also spotted an ideal gift for a dear friend, that will be sent off as soon as I get the chance to wrap it and pop to the post office.

When I got back a bit of gardening was in order. grabbing a few weeds and the daily watering. Now the weather has got warmer it is an imperative for all my new shoots and plants.

What a contrast, and what a life -A fantastic one I can tell you!! And all shared with some of the best people I could imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Such an awful memory to have. Although (And this is said with MUCH love) I see you STILL managed to look at the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd love to be able to wipe some of the memory parts of that night.
      Such a star eh? I didn't even know the camera was there honest! And had I known I'd probably have ducked - I am not at my best! :-)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: