Sunday 27 May 2012

Another brilliant weekend

What an amazing weekend we've had here. 

Yesterday after school I relaxed in the garden, and wrote some more of my upcoming novel, another 1000 words or so. Later on I took Sue to the airport for her trip to the UK. Poor girl was so stressed - it's the first time she's travelled with baby Liliana -having texted her this morning I am happy to report that she arrived safe and sound. Jordi (her hubby) and I then dropped in at the supermarket on the way home (we were out of mushy peas!) before Tony and I settled down to watch the Eurovision Song Contest - One of our annual guilty pleasures. We knew from the outset that we (the UK) had no chance with a song and singer foisted on the nation by the BBC, both of which had seen better days and ended up with minimal points. It was great to see Sweden win, and who knows next year we can pop over to see Laila and see the show live!!
I spent some of the time tweeting with Nick, as this year there was a lack of text voting to the TulStig hub- Anna was having problems using her new android phone (I get that!), Judith was not joining in as her new daughter isn't into the Eurovision, Zakilna wasn't watching, but where were Tracy, Sals, Annie, and the Tibby Toffolos? 

Today I was late out of bed -I rarely lie in, but today didn't get up till just gone nine! Walking the dogs was a usual delight and on the way i saw this on the floor 

A message for my upcoming Camino! 

This afternoon I spent some more time sunning myself in the garden whilst reading, and then had time for a bit of writing too.

This evening we have had one of our favourite dishes for dinner - Rice, Peas and gravy, with shavings of Parmesan, and a rocket and radish shoot salad:

and are now sitting here watching another great TV programmer- The BAFTA awards. I have to comment that the sofa is a little crowded, but at this point in the evening that's comforting as they've just shown the hall of fame of the actors etc who have scuttled off this mortal coil this last year, which always affects me..

1 comment:

  1. That couch looks like the perfect place to be - what a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: