Sunday 20 May 2012

International Baking Day

Yes today was international baking day and without knowing I fired up the oven, and the food mixer and got some baking done.

During the week one of the other teachers mentioned a carrot cake I'd made a  while back, and as we were having Carrot soup for lunch I decided to carry on grating and make a carrot cake too. we've yet to have a slice but it looks scrummy at least. So for Nick and Tilly we are dedicating this as your birthday cake.

As the oven was on I also decided to make a batch of scones as I'd fancied one for some time. They turned out fine, but are a little light and crumbly- perhaps a little too much butter?No matter they were delicious with a little cream and homemade strawberry jam- we know how to live well here!

And finally for dinner a vegetable pasta bake:

 Oh and BTW - a month today I start my next Camino adventure.




2 comments:

  1. I'll have a virtual bite of that!

    Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending a virtual portion your way -THat'll mean you can enjoy and still keep to your diet!!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: