Tuesday 15 May 2012

A little self-promotion....

Today I've had a busy day, despite feeling quite fatigued when I woke this morning.

Walking the dogs, and further than usual (Xali was up for a good run), blew the cobwebs away and I returned home feeling slightly more energetic. 

Time for a bit of self promotion I decided. Spurred on by Nick the other day I have been shamelessly promoting my books through Twitter and am really starting to get my head round it all.  I've even got a couple of new (literary) followers and have started following some folks in the literary world too.

Anyway today I set up a 'page' on facebook for 'The Magic of the Camino'.  Why I didn't do it before I don't know- well I do- something to do with being afraid of self promotion. Anyway I set the page up and let it go live at about 14.00. It's now just 22.30 (more or less) and already I've had 28 'likes' and a host of comments and questions on how to get hold of a copy.  Fantastico. 

This promotion meant that some of my chums from the Camino got in contact too, and so my mind went racing back to The Way, and how much I enjoyed the experience and value the friendships made on it.  I added a few photos to the page as well and the memories flooded back as to where, when and why I took the photos. Ah good times.

 Day One: Daybreak in the Pyrenees.
And a little further on with new friends.

OH, how much am I looking forward to getting back out. I am sure the Camino Primitov has more adventures in store for me....

Next job - to improve my profile on Amazon..... so if you have read 'The Magic' and you use Amazon please (pretty please) would you mind going to 'The Magic of the Camino' sales page and leaving a review... Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW I love that first picture!
    And well done on the marketing. It will reap it's rewards I tells ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are promoting yourself, Mark, and that you have set up your Facebook page! YAY! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick- the first picture was taken early in the morning on our first day- and Wow Wow Wow is what we kept saying as we climbed the Pyrenees. Hopefully this year I will be saying the same as I tackle the slopes around Oviedo. Thanks

    Thanks Michelle -always a little scary to put myself out there, but now I've started I may never stop!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: