Tuesday 29 May 2012

Passion

What a fantastic word- that's for starters!

If you asked me what my passion was I think my first answer would be LIFE!!

On further thinking about this I would probably say that my passions change from day to day, week by week, month by month - get the picture. I'm not saying I'm fickle, but more that I like to do what I like and that's how I assuage  (another nice word. not sure if it really fits though?) my passions in many different ways and it all depends on so many factors.

At the moment I'm sure some of you could say what my passions are without even having to think about it. Got them- well at least the top two?  Right at this very moment my passions are writing and walking, or walking and writing, or maybe more precisely The Camino and Writing.

It's just TWENTY ONE days until I set out again on The Way, and I'm getting a tad excited. I'm busy setting up and preparing. And if you want to follow me day by day (phone coverage permitting) I will be Tweeting about my adventures when I can and feel the need to do so- So if you aren't on Twitter yet get signed up and start 'Following' me. Twitter is simple to use (I'm using it :-}) and you needn't really do anything once you're signed up and following me- you'll simply get the updates as I post them. If you want to reply all you have to do is write a tweet yourself or use the 'reply' thing at the bottom of my tweet- simples! 

On my new android phone, which by the way I am getting more used to each day, I have also installed 'Blogger' so hopefully with connectivity and if I'm not completely exhausted, or partying I will be sending back a daily blog. I'm also hoping to include pictures this year- wait and see how that turns out.

Another application I've installed is WhatsApp  -this is a free messaging service for android phones iphones. This allows me to send pictures free, so if you want pics from me too sign up for this if you haven't already- you can download it from your Apps-Store (hark at me sounding like I know what I'm talking about)- any questions just ask me- and I'll pass them onto my techie adviser - Nick!!


So that's the Camino passion. My other passion writing takes up a lot of my day at the moment too. I made a commitment this week to write at least 1500 words a day to try and get the sequel to Winner completed before I set off. So far so good. this afternoon I've been sitting in the garden typing away on my laptop and hit the 1850 mark, or just over and am very happy with my progress. Reading it back I like the way it sounds and think I know where I'm going with it all. I've even written a few song-lyrics to fit in with the story- yep I was amazed at that too!!

So tell me one and all- what's your passion today, this week, this month.. well you get the picture. I'm awaiting your comments just to prove someone is reading this and all my techno trials are worthwhile!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Your writing is coming along really well, Mark! Well done.

    I loved reading about your passions and the reminder to get myself sorted with Twitter ~ thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. Keep me posted when you are able to 'tweet'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the writing Daddy dear ,and the passion thing has got me thinking.......... Well i think you know what the answer is CAMINO! even when i'm not doing one this year i still cant stop thinking about our adventures and the new ones you will have this time. Iam also very passionate about my FAMILY
    which you know i love you all dearly and would do anything for you to keep you all safe ,happy and together . Iam also very passionate about PIGLETS PAD !!! and life its self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Old Thing, that's the thing about the Camino isn't it it gets a hold of you. When people said that before we set off I though 'Yeah, whatever' but now just look at us Camino junkies.
      Love your passions- oh and what about photography!!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: