Friday 18 May 2012

Memories

It seems that everything at the moment in mu life has 'Camino Focus'. As I prepare for the nect one there are so many memories bouncing back of the previous ones.

Walking the dogs yesterday in the rain I was reminded of the day Jane and I walked in torrential rain for hours to get to Samos, and how much we enjoyed it.





This morning, again whilst walking the dogs I smelt a familiar smell that transported me straight back to the Camino- it was the smell of Fennel- a delicious aniseed smell that we found in patches on the Camino -and on Kees' bidding ate the tender top leaves.

And it's not just me- Having posted a picture of a dog on Facebook this morning I got a message from Janey that she thought it looked like a couple of dogs we had seen that were 'guarding some cows:



4 comments:

  1. I love skies like that. So full of energy. I'm already regretting not being able to go with you. I'll have to live it through your next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just speaking to Janey and she was saying the same- how much she wishes she was coming too- I will try to blog as much as possible but on days when there is no internet access you may just have to be patient!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the Universe is preparing you for the next Walk, Mark ... by the sounds of it you'll be walking physically solo but with the energy of a lot of travelling companions. Great post ~ thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too- and yes I'll never be truly alone on the Camino- so many good friends will be hitching a ride one way or another!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: