Tuesday 22 May 2012

A Big Day.....

.....here at Casa TulStig -first of all because it's Xali's birthday -this year he hits thirteen, which in human years is supposed to be ninety-one, and if that's right he's a very sprightly ninety one year old. And that's just two years younger than his grandma Stiggants, who as I mentioned was ninety-three yesterday, and here's the promised photo:

Tone's mum with Jools and Lynne.

Xali's had a very good day - He had a very long walk (his choice) followed by tuna for breakfast and roast chicken for lunch and dinner, and is now relaxing in his favourite chair.

And tonight it's the first semi final of the Eurovision- the show's good, and there are plenty of the usual surprises- Russian grannies and strange goings on and lyrics on stage. Unfortunately it's been tainted for me a bit by a documentary I watched yesterday on the Beeb about the regime in Azerbaijan- not a country with a human rights record to be proud of - if I say 'corruption' and 'mafia' , oh and 'oil' from the President down I think you'll get my meaning. However, like the Eurovision spokeswoman said without Eurovision visiting the documentary would never have happened. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and asking the universe for change. I've not a lot of hope for the UK's chance on Saturday though- Englebert Humperdink singing a song that's a clear rip off of 'mother of mine' from the seventies- retro or what?!?

And a quick 'Camino note' - I'm thinking of getting a new lightweight rucksack -all comments taken into account (please).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: