Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wednesday

I've been sitting here cuddling a dog for the last half hour- Xali is so cuddly even when he isn't hungry. Cuddy, however, wont cuddle unless it's by accident, or if food is defo on the cards. I'n't it great to be loved!!

As for the rest of the day, pretty much a usual old Wednesday: bit of this, bit of that -gardening, washing and cleaning and then a bit of writing- and it's so good to be able to sit in the garden and read or write.

Today I also took a look at the reviews for 'The magic of the Camino' on Lulu and was overwhelmed by how good it all is, so decided to copy them over here (show-off did I hear someone say?)

  • By blawlor9- Ireland
    04-Apr-2012
    I really enjoyed this book too. I know Mark, but have not met him yet, yet I feel I know him even more now. He was very open in writing this book, I too like some of the other reviewers, felt I was doing the walk with him, the humour was great, lighthearted and emotional at times. The people he and Jane met along the way were interesting too going by his descriptions. I was amazed at the detail, that he put into the book, he must have made fantastic notes along the way. Well done Mark on a great read. Highly recommend.
  • By Anna O'Sullivan -Ireland
    11-Jan-2012
    I found that once I picked up the book, I couldn't put it put down. I felt captured by the physical, emotional and spiritual journey undertaken by Mark and how Camino imprinted itself on Mark's soul. Truly a wonderful read.
  • By nicholasbrennan- England
    06-Jan-2012
    A superb read. You can feel the energy emanating from the first to last pages. As previously stated, mark takes you along with him on a spellbinding and often emotional journey. Would definitely recommend this if you are contemplating The Camino or if you're just ineterested in the many highways and byways of Spain and the stories they hold.
  • By Andrea Tyrrell- Australia
    31-Dec-2011
    I enjoyed reading 'The Magic of the Camino' immensely. Mark's ability to draw me into his world, and walk the Camino with him and his companions was truly magical. I loved the way he wove humour into the routine of life, spirituality into the everyday, and joy into every page. I closed the book inspired to someday walk the Camino and experience its magic for myself.
  • By Carla Rodrigues- England
    30-Dec-2011
    I too really enjoyed this book. It had just the right amount of history for me, providing me with an insight of the Camino which helped set the scene. Like the other reviewers I too felt I was embarking on the magical journey with the author. Because of this book I'm hoping to do it myself one day. I would highly recommend this book, even if your not a walker. For me it was so much more then about walking.
  • By jane.tullett- England
    30-Dec-2011
    A really great read ,Once i had started to read it i couldn't put it down.
  • By Patricia m Field- England
    30-Dec-2011
    I found this book a delight to read well done it takes you to the place
  • By John Simmons- unknown
    29-Dec-2011
    I was given this book for Christmas, and really enjoyed it. I had no knowledge of the author or of the Camino beforehand, and was given it because I enjoy walking the English pathways. I now fully intend to make a trip along the Camino. Mr Tullett took me there with him and I was captivated- I hope the Camino holds the same Magic for me.



2 comments:

  1. What a great picture. If I were you, I'd use that for the "meet the author" page in your next book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I was thinking the same, maybe cropped just a bit though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: