Wednesday 16 May 2012

Beginnings

Out of endings come beginnings -who said that?- well maybe no-one exactly but that's what I've been thinking of today.  

First of all the wonderful Michelle offered a one off oracle reading - and mine was beginnings. I thrive on change, and beginnings have played a big part in my life. At the moment I am in the middle of a beginning (if such a thing is possible)- of becoming comfortable in my 'new' role as an author. 

At this time of year classes at the school are coming to an end. This week I am completing a course for a local business and today had set an exam for my class to do for the end of the course.  This generally means I have little to do during the class, but plenty of marking and report writing later. Today I decided to take advantage of the quiet time and started to make my list of things I need to get and pack for my upcoming Camino. This set me to thinking about my last Camino- The Portuguese. 

For some time I have been wondering about writing a book similar to 'The Magic of the Camino' about this walk. Well today I set pen to paper and have a rough draft of the first chapter. I may need a bit of help with remembering the sights sounds, smells and the such like so will be calling on Janey and Sussi for help,e specially as my note-taking wasn't so prolific on this walk. However I know there's a book there -again we saw some wonderful sights, met some amazing people and were affected by the whole journey.  So the beginning is there, I just need to prioritise which I write next.... but just for now here are some photos from the Portuguese Camino





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of being in "the middle of a beginning", Mark. Makes perfect sense to me. :)

    Love that you are sharing more magic from the Camino ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle,
    I'm enjoying this middle part, not quite so unsure of myself as a writer, yet not fully settled into the role.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: