Wednesday 2 May 2012

Goiong my way

Wednesday and back to school after a wonderful long weekend (puente).

Today we popped round to the lumberyard- yes you did read that right- the lumberyard - to try and get another quote for replacing our doors. The main problem we are having is that the doors are all different sizes- so far from 'standard'- well of course it is our house. We want to standardise the sizes simply so I don't bash my head intermittently, mainly because I don't have any hair on top for protection or to hide the cuts when I do bash my head! So the upshot of our visit to the lumberyard is that we need to get a paleter (builder) in first to resize the frames. Fortunately the man at the lumberyard (yes I do like that word) has a brother in law who is a builder who can help. We got his number, I called him as soon as we got home and he's coming round tomorrow. Let's hope this is the step forward that we want.

This afternoon I finally got on and designed my t-shirt and cap for this year's Camino. I had been putting it off as, although outwardly I was being brave and saying everything was ok, inwardly I was worried that my back/leg problem would prevent me going. After the weekend's walk I'm confirmed back on my Way. Once the designer-ware arrives I shall model it and post pics.

Later on I started a new private class. It's with a previous student of mine who is taking a University entrance exam in a few weeks and needs a bit of revision. I was a bit worried how the lessons would pan out as it's a one-to-one whereas before we had a whole class. Within minutes I realised everything was okay, and it adds a little more to the coffers.

And the upshot of all this rambling.....well I guess I'm just grateful that things are still so much going my way.

From where I'm sitting, everything in the garden looks rosy - and I mean thgat literally as well as figuratively.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: