Friday 25 May 2012

Camino (plus) advances

This morning postie arrived with my Camino t-shirts, cap and some postcards for distribution as I walk. for each Camino I've worn my very own designed t-shirts and this year will be no different. I'm hoping to distribute some of the postcards along the route to promote 'The magic'

Along with the-shirts and cap there was also a postcard from Australia from Davine. It was one of my 'Magic' postcards with a lovely message on the back saying how much she had enjoyed reading the book. It really made my day. 

This afternoon I finally took the plunge and bought myself an android phone. So far it's scaring me and I'm not getting on very well with it, but that was how I started with this laptop and now I'm getting along just fine, so fingers crossed in a few days I'll be the best of chums with it too. I am having a bit of a problem with twitter though (one of the main reasons for getting the phone was to use it for Tweeting as I walk next month) as it seems my provider is not twitter-supported, and to send a tweet I'll have to pay for an international text each time to the UK. I'm checking as many Internet sites as I can at the moment to see if there's a way round it... 

The phone's not a brand I had heard of, but the girl in the shop (why is it that all shop assistants in these shops appear as if they are still at school?) was very helpful and said it was a good piece of kit (my words not hers!). It's an LG-E400:

Tony also said he's heard of the company and that it's a good 'un!

And as for my other book- today I've added another 1950 words- Rushing towards a climax...

2 comments:

  1. LG is a very good company - we have TV's from them - didn't know they did phones, but if the rest of their stuff is any indicator it should be really good.

    So glad the writing is going so well. Am halfway editing book 2 - 'The Destructors' before I hand it off to my editor for a first re-write edition. Book 1 is heading to the publisher on Tuesday as she has been out of office for the weekend.

    Can't believe it is only 24 days until you start walking. hugs Beverly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting used to it Beverly, but there are still some things I don't understand how to do, and I'm not one for reading manuals, although I have downloaded it for emergencies.
      Congrats on your writing too. I look forward to seeing a copy come through my door!!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: