Thursday 10 May 2012

On-line connecting

I've been busy writing again today (after a bit of shopping and cleaning that is) and am enjoying the unfolding of the second instalment of the story. Little by little I will get this finished and published too- so if you are waiting for it please be patient.

One of the things that 'disturbs' my focus is the ability to have an 'internet window' open on the laptop and thus answer e-mails etc. Today I got into a bit of 'magic of the Camino' promotion. With Nick's help I managed to update my understanding of how twitter works and have been networking with hash-tags. If it promotes a few more sales it will all be worth it.

Whilst writing I also had a couple of 'Skype' interruptions too.  Firstly (auntie) Barbara video called for a chat, which was nice, as we rarely chat on the normal land-line. We caught up on some family gossip and on what we are both up to. They are off on a cruise in  a week- visiting the Norwegian Fjords.

Then an even bigger surprise when I got an e-mail from Bob and Tom, friends who used to live near us in London, but who moved to Brighton long before we moved here. They too are cruising this year and have a stopover in Barcelona so suggested we meet up, after not having seen each other for about 20 years. They gave me their Skype name so I found them and they too video-called for a chat. 

So you can see now why sometimes my plan to write is diverted, but always with good reason. 

Oh and for foodie fans today's lunch was macaroni with meatballs and mushrooms in a tomato sauce- Yumm.

 And another photo showing another of my passions- my big babes- Xali and Cuddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: