Saturday 23 June 2012

The Camino ups and downs

I'm not sure where I left you yesterday so excuse me if I repeat myself.

Dinner in the albergue was excellent. A garbanzos stew followed by tortilla and salad. Washed down with red wine. And yes I slept very well aftdr that, although I was awake early again. Breakfast was in the albergue and then a late start. I left around 7.30
and was well on my way in no time. Shortly I was joined by Ari,a mexican guy from London and we walked together as far as Tineo. Along the way we were joined bya catalan guy too.
From Tineo the 3 of us walked quite a way together until I dropped back bit by bit.
I am now in Campiello in a nice clean albegue,although a little too sterile for my liking.  This afternoon I sat outside the village cafe with my new dutch friends and enjoyed a bottle of cider. We've just had dinner together, along with the 2 Canadian girls.... another 5 on the way!!! They've stayed in the bar to watch the football whilst I've come back across the road to the albergue to feed the dog scraps I nicked from the table and to cuddle him up a bit. He's a lovely old mutt.

So why ups and downs as the heading? Because all along the way today I've either been climbing up or walking down mountains,and the descents have really hurt my knees. There are mord to come so at dinner tonight my new chums convinced me to buy a couple of sticks. At just 9€ the pair I think I've got myself a bargain. I hope they help and have no idea what I'll do with them when I get to Santiago.


5 comments:

  1. Mark, so sorry I have been absent in my support - life has been chaos back here in Oz. Love the story so far, can't wait for book 2. Sending you healing energy for your knees and legs and tons of love and hugs. Can't wait to read the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbanks Beverly. feeling so much better now

      Delete
  2. The pictures are wonderful Mark. It looks like you are seeing some wonderful scenery and, from the sound of things, have already had some lovely experiences. I imagine the views alone are quite inspiring. It's great hearing from you and I'm with you in spirit. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline i am having the time of my life. great tp hear from you on whatsapp you have been keeping me going

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pauline i am having the time of my life. great tp hear from you on whatsapp you have been keeping me going

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: