Sunday 24 June 2012

Campiello to Penaseita.

After being ill dufing the night I was a little later setting out this morning and still not feeling brill. However after a while walking I started to feel better. The views were incredible. The mountaintops poking out through the fog was reminiscent of walking up the Pyrenees.
Before long I came to the point where the camino split into two. Decision had to be made. According to my guidebook the hospitales route was not recommended for anyone travelling alone unless you were an experienced mountainer. So I chose the other route.
Shortly after making my mind up I met a  farmer  with a soppy golden retriever and he said I would have been fine on the other route as it was going to stay clear all day. Of course I then doubted my decision for a while.
It wasn't much longer before I was in Pola de Allende,where I decided to stop for a drink and cheese sarnie.
Suitably refreshed I started to tackle the start of the big climb which we face tomorrow too.
I am now in the albergue at Penaseita. Shorly after arriving Lennie and Jan arrived. As yet the girls haven't made it and we suspect they stopped in Pola.
I was pleased to see Lennie and Jan as they are great company and in thier mid-seventies they are amazing. Or as Jan would say marvelous. This afternoon they made tea for the three of us -so civilised, and I so rarely drink it at home.
This aftetnoon we relaxed in the bar next door where we are returning for dinner this evening. But only bocadillos because it's Sunday. Nice that some people have a relaxing day!!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you are well rested and over your bout of illness - glad you have some company.
    Sending you strong legs and beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legs ate holding up well thanks Beverly. And the wrathrr ecceptional

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: