Wednesday 27 June 2012

The hills are alive...

This morning I started  by climbing a mountain. A lttle later on I forded a stream. And yes you've guessed it.... there was sunshine and rain causing a rainbow which I followed. Today really has been like  a dream. Wonderful views all the way again, and now I've left Asturias for Galicia with something like 150+ kms to go.
This evening I made veggie spaghetti bolognese for the three of us. Things have workd out really well with Lennie and Jan. We walk at our own rhythm then meet up at our destination.
This evening's albergue is the fullest so far with about 20 of us in all. I am currently in Padron just outside Fonsegrada. Tomorrow's walk shouldn't be too  bad - not so much  climbing but it's still 25 kms. Today has  been baking hot again so we are all hoping  for a cooler day tomorrofw which according to the weather forecast should be on the cards.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you were singing again Mark - 'The hills are alive with the sound of music'
    Thank you for posting - it is such a joy to share your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Beverly singing all those favourites by Julie Andrews!!!
      I'm glad you're enjoying the journey - i certainly am

      Delete
  2. Today I was at Wimbledon whilst you were walking. Claire and I popped up. Sat with Charles, Camilla and Brucie (forsythe) lol. Lovely day and saw some great tennis. Claire is well and sent her love to you. How different is it for you to be in more immediate contact with everyone this time.? Do you think it changes how you experience it? The whatsapp makes it all so much more immediate. I bet Tony is missing you loads. Do you talk every day? It is great to get such regular updates. We are with you Mark :) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think whatsapp has changed the experience except,like you say, made things more immediate. I'm still in control of how much I turn it on so have still had plengy off time for reflection. which has been good for me.
    Glad you n Clare had a good day out. what different worlds we inhabit at the moment yet are still so connected. I'm glad you are journeying with me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: