Sunday 17 June 2012

Sunday (C-day minus 2)

Yesterday I taught the last of my classes for this year with a hurrah, that's over, and an Ohh that's over feeling.  The holidays have begun...

Returning home I performed the removal of the watch ceremony- During the summer I don't wear a watch, so it sits happily marking time in its own way on the shelf above my desk, whilst I take each minute, hour and day as it comes. Obviously if I have an appointment I can check the wall clocks, or even my phone, but I love the thought that for the next three months time is of no importance. Yet here I am counting down the days to my next adventure....

Wherever I go at the moment, and whomever I am with the topic of conversation invariably turns to the C word! Last night we were out to dinner at Denise and Paolo's (with Nuria and Richie) and of course we talked about walking for some time. I made the desert for the evening, a fruits of the forest flan.
We had a relaxing evening sitting in D&P's garden enjoying the food they'd prepared  (cheesy baked pasta and a Spinach dish) and chatting. hey also had two more kittens (abandoned on their doorstep a couple of weeks ago!) who were delightful. Fortunately they've got a home sorted for them already.

Today I have been making some more preparation- my sleeping bag is on the line to air, and there's a pile of necessities in the guest room ready to go in my rucksack. I bought a box of clear ziplock bags a few weeks back so everything will be carefully compartmentalised and packed on Tuesday... 

I've just spoken to Janey -about yes the Camino- and she's still feeling a little disappointed that she's not joining me this year.  However, like many of you reading this, I will be carrying you with me, and keeping you updated by the marvels of modern technology too

This afternoon we are off to Julie's for lunch- what a fab weekend, little to no cooking for me and feeling gooooood.... 

2 comments:

  1. Will keep an eye on you and hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I'm sure I will have a great time.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: