Wednesday 13 June 2012

FIRE, Walking and Writing

FIRE
First of all a quick update on last night's awful events, which I originally thought I had overdramatised slightly..... 
This evening walking home from school I looked up at the hills behind our house and was shocked to see the awful effects of the fires, and even more shocked to see just how close they had come to our house. It was great luck that the wind died down and the Bomberos took control. The helicopters etc are still flying around and keeping an eye on everything, but it looks like we're in the clear.

-------------------------------------

WALKING
This morning I dragged out my rucksack and started the preparations in earnest for next week. This of course included a trip to Decathlon this afternoon on my way to a class in Sitges.

I checked out the rucksacks to see if there was a lighter model, but decided I would stick to my old faithful. I did, however, get myself some nice new  bright white socks, some smart sunglasses and a new pair of lightweight shorts. Little by little I'm getting there....
Don't forget to join me on TWITTER and help me on my way by tweeting back. It'll also mean that you'll be there as my next Camino Book takes on its own life.

-------------------------------------

WRITING
Today I am ashamed to say I haven't written anything in Take Two, but I shall rectify that tomorrow with a special extra push. 
I spoke to Michael this week and he sent me the first part of the translated (into German) Winner. He's translated the first five chapters and says he's getting a feel for it.
As for The Magic of the Camino Victoria is pushing on with the Spanish Translation well, and I'm really enjoying reading my story in another language. It's like a whole new story and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Amn't I lucky to have such wonderful friends who buy into my passion so well. With a bit of luck sales will go wild and both will be recompensed more than any of us can imagine.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were safe from the fire.
    Writing will still be there ready and waiting when you get back - don't stress yourself too much and as for your walking, I can't wait to follow along - just 5 days to go - good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beverly.
    I'm coming to realise I shan't finish the book before I go, there's still so much to be said, and my characters aren't rushing!
    4 and a half days now! ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: