Tuesday 26 June 2012

Fantastic Day

Left the albergue around 6.30 climbing immediately. Up past wind turbines to the peak of the mountain. Looking out over the other side the clouds were way below.
Gradually I descended into the clouds  and finally through them to the dam of Grandas. The route went across the dam and up the road on the other side.
A short way up there was a smart hotel overlooking the lake yet in the midst of a deserted village. I stopped here for a cafe con leche and croisant and to pet the big daft lab who made it clear he  wanted  to share.
Back on my  way I bumped into Guillermo and Miquel again, who I thought would have been way ahead by now.
Next town Grandas de Salime where I stoppex for a drink and to call ahead to the next albergue to book. Lennie and Jan caught up but Jan said he wasn't having a good day and was finding it hard going. We sat a while and then I was on my way again.
Just outside Grandas there was a little cafe bar shop where I stopped off to buy some acietunas (running joke with Jan) zzand some cherries.
The rest of the way was through fields and I made the most of being alone by singing at the top of my voice as I walked.
A few minutes later I was in Castro at the albergue. It has everything inc sheets on the beds, towels, a bar, and most important a dog - Boira - a catalan word. The hospitalera is from BCN. Dinner in a few minutes. All veggie again.
Sitting here I am feeling at peace. Amazing location and so peaceful.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day - what were you singing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just about anything that came into my head. I even made up some of my own

      Delete
  2. I think you could be on top of the world Mark , Oh happy days .
    He looks like a very lovely doggie .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wSas a lovely dog but not very well. she 'd had an op recently and wigh the heat it was no funfor nher so i gave her some reiki

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: