Monday 4 June 2012

Tuesday Chatter

Had a bit of a wobble today re my upcoming adventure -just over two weeks away and I had one of those 'Can I really?' moments. A bit of tummy butterflies accompanied the thoughts of 'All on my own' 'what if?' 'Am I fit enough still?' But I talked myself back down- 'I'm a 50 plus year old with common sense (well some) and a body that does me proud, I speak the language and I'm in for a right old time'. I looked at some of the pictures of the Primitivo and felt better -it's going to be magnificent... that doesn't mean my wobble has disiapted completely but I'm feeling better about it all again.....

I spent a bit of time today planning the menu for the school's end of Year Party- I've been asked to do the catering again. I think I've managed to cater for everyone's tastes, and have sent the menu off to Ellen for comments- once approved I'll post it for everyone to check out.

This evening we've been enjoying the concert for the Queen's jubilee, live from the Palace, whilst stuffing our faces with Ferrero Rocher chocolates - decadent life we lead here. It's been great to see the future king singing along and partying (wills I mean not his Pa) with his bro - reminded me a bit of Andrew's 50th party where we sang a few duets!!.

'Two little boys' - The Rolf Harris Classic - The first ever single I bought - And I still remember EVERY word. How amazing is the mind in holding this kind of info, and I know if Andrew is watching in Henfield he'll be singing along too.

4 comments:

  1. The wobbles are only natural, so don't be concerned. You will be on our prayer and thought list every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beverly. I know it'll all be okay, but every now and then I have a little wobble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let yourself get the wobbles but also know that you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Davine, as the time draws closer the wobbles bounce in more regulalry, but at the end of the day I know I'll be fine.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: