Sunday 3 June 2012

A right regal day

Today we have spent much of our time perched in front of the television watching the celebrations of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee from London. Despite the wet weather it was a spectacular event, and at times brought tears to my eyes. It is at times like these when I love to be able to say that I am British. 

During the afternoon I also took some time out to write another chapter or so for Take Two.At the moment I'm managing to write between 1500 and 2200 words a day. I did think the end was in sight but there's more to the story than I first thought. 

I also spent a bit of time updating our personal website, which I have to admit I had neglected for a while. No matter it's now right up to date. 

This evening whilst sitting in the garden one of our regular visitors drew our attention again, and that of the cat - we forever have to stop them catching it. We've no idea what it is, so here's a picture to see if anyone can help. It's the size of an insect, but looks like a tiny bird with a huge proboscis which it dips into the flowers to get the nectar.




Throughout the day we had been snacking on bits and pieces so didn't need a big dinner and settled on scrambled eggs on toast, but oh no we had no bread, so I quickly threw some together- an hour later we had our scrambled eggs on toast, with fresh tomato salsa.


3 comments:

  1. Mystery solved thanks - It's a hummingbird Hawk Moth. Thank goodness for the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, I was going to say it looks like a Hawk Moth, so am glad I was right - my Dad is an entomologist (by hobby) and we have collected butterflies and moths for years.
    Bread looks delicious, wish I loved cooking as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd never seen anything like that before- it really is beautiful. I just hope the cats don't get it during one of its visits.
      The bread was yummy, thanks.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: