Tuesday 12 June 2012

Walking and writing - FIRE

The morning started with a flood from the washing machine which doesn't seem to be draining properly. So that's something I need to check out before leaving next week (huh). To put me in a better frame of mind I went for a walk along the cliff-tops to Sitges and back. It was blissful, and early enough to be very quiet. After  about two and a half hours I was home revived and energised.The countryside around here is so beautiful and often under appreciated.



Arriving home we had a delicious mixed veg soup for lunch and I picked a load of our Cherry tomatoes as a side dish. 
 
I then settled down in front of the laptop for about an hour or so and thumped out just over two more thousand words. Take Two is coming along nicely.

This evening I had a couple of classes, Just before  I was due to go out we noticed the light had changed significantly and though perhaps we were expecting a storm, until I got out onto the main road and saw a huge plume of smoke. Looking into the hills I could see that here was obviously some sort of large fire. On arriving at school I found out it was a forest fire just to the north of VnG. The town is now on alert and we have been advised to close our windows and doors- ash is falling all over. I really don't like these types of drama!!
At least when I came home this evening the smoke had lessened, as had the wind which was blowing the fire our direction. 
The word is that it is a case of arson, which makes me really sad. The countryside here is so beautiful and to think that someone might get pleasure from destroying it is awful, and the thought of all the animals running for their lives saddens me even more. Tonight we are hoping the fireman stay safe and get their job done. Apparently there are over 40 teams out there, over 200 men and women risking all.  Watch this space....

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks - All sorted I think. It looks like the fire was brought under control during the night- No more smoke at least. Our garden is covered in ash, but at least everything in our Barrio is safe- others were not so lucky.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: