Friday 22 June 2012

Tears before bedtime

Leaving in the dark this morning may not have been such a good idea. The first thing I did was take a wronng turn which cost mme about an houts walking tinne and added about 4-5 kms to todays total.
Such a bad trip really shook my confidence and for the resst of the day I followed   that up with similar direction panics. In Cornellana I asked a hotel receptionist which way the camino went. He told me straight ahead. Affter a few minnutes i had a sense something was not right so asked a woman who sent me backand set me offf in the right direction.  So mr hotelier hold tight for your  karma.
To start the day i wasn't feeling 100% so walking at all was a bit of a trial. This I communicated to my whatsapp followers who sent me waves of energy. Janey sent me succh aa wonderfully uplifting message it brougt me to tears and for  the  next km or so I wept freely. What a wimp!! Lucky I was walking on my own at that point. Janey you really know how to get to me! Not only that I really did benefit fromm your helping hand.
Arriving in the albergue I felt love and despite being so tired that eve crossing my legs is an effort Iam feeling this places recuperative energy. And boy do I need some of that. I've already had a 2 hour siesta and am looking forward to a veggie dinner cooked by the host. With a bit of luck I'll even get a good night's sleep.
Although the day was a hard one as always I was rewardef with some sensational views, and in the last part through a forest some envigorating energy. Now I know some of this came from my amazing friends but I am sure that even the forest was helpinng me along. At one point I had a rral sense that soeone was lifting my rucksack fromm my aching shouders and with gentle hands on my back giving me a helpful push.
So  that was todays 30+ km adventure. Tomorrow I have promised mysel an easier day.

Ps... please forgive my wide range of typos in these posts. Partly down to tiredness and partly down to typing on ghis small phone screen.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mark, you are well on your way, despite a few extra miles. I have a map of the area so I can see where you are going! Enjoy every day Mark! Greetings from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hedwig. tomorrow there will be a real test.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: