Wednesday 2 November 2011

7138 and counting

Yes -that's the number of words so far in my novel. Today wasn't quite so productive, but that was because life kinda got in the way. Tomorrow is likely to be less productive again too as both Tony and I have appointments in the morning which will get in the way, and of course I'll be working again tomorrow night. However none of this is stressing me too much. I know there are a couple of free weekends during the month with no commitments during which time I'll be able to really run with the story again.

So the story: Winner. It's about Joey Fischer who takes part in a national singing competition, meets new friends, has some intense experiences and gets put through the mill a bit.  I've no exact plot to how things are going to happen and am letting it just flow. So far that's working for me. I've still got my notepad beside the bed as often ideas burst through my sleep and have to be noted down or I'd forget them.

Once again I'm really into the story. I was writing an emotional bit of Joey's life today and was so close to tears myself that I had to get up for a bit of fresh air. If I can impart that emotion to my readers I'll be more than happy.

2 comments:

  1. It's really coming along now isn't it? I love that you are comfortable with the fact you have a "readership" eagerly awaiting your next piece of work. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT sure is coming along, and I'm really pleased that the words are flowing well at the moment.It's good that I've set it in London as I know the area fairly well, having been our old stomping ground for twenty or so years!
    I'm not sure if 'comfortable is the right word though -but I am flattered!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: