Thursday 10 November 2011

Out with the old, in with ....

the new windows.

Today we had all our old windows replaced with lovely warmth retaining new ones.  The guys doing it were so efficient it only took them a few hours to do the 4 windows and the French doors.  Our old doors were all traditionally Spanis, wooden with shutters and had gaps that let the cold draughts in, but we have loved them for the last twenty or so years, but knew it was time to change. We placed the order about a month ago and over the past few days I've been having dates about removing the traditional and replacing with new. I was worried that they wouldn't look right ion our old-fashioned home. Almost as soon as they were in though they looked perfect, and what's more no draughts!! The French windows used to have wooden panels halfway up so the animals couldn't see in. The new doors have glass all the way to the floor, and they are finding this very strange. Just a  couple of minutes ago Cuddy was standing outside in the dark peering through the doors at me here typing. How I love our animals and the way they entertain us!

Here are the before and after shots. (For the life of me I'm not able to move things around to make it look any better.) 
Kitchen windows:
                    BEFORE                                                                        AFTER



 French Doors to the living room:
                   BEFORE                                                                        AFTER



And so to the writing.  In between keeping the cats and Cuddy out of the workmen's ways I did manage to get a bit of writing donw, and then have done a littel mroe since arriving back from school.
I've now got 21,460 words- am whizzing along to the halfway number.
Today a new character appeared from Joey's past that I hadn't even considered before, but there he was ready to help out when Joey and his friends started to get into a tricky situation in the Plaza on Oxford Street.IN the same scene another friend cropped up. This time much closer to me than to Joey. Ah the intrigue of it all!
Yesterday Tony said that joey had a lot of me in him. Today I was asking Tony what he thought of a plot line and suddenly realised I was referring to Joey as I- wow a Freudian slip- Is Joey me? Hmm I can see some similarities, but we are NOT one and the same.

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I see what you mean about being used to the old windows and door, but it DOES look lovely nonetheless.

    As for Joey, I'm looking forward to reading his adventures. Any updates on the camino book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's only day two of the new windows and doors and we're really happy with them. They look good and are keeping the warmth in (and noise of neighbours out!)

    As for 'The Magic' I'm still waiting on the proof in the mail (Today maybe?!) and as soon as I get that I'll update the publishers for distribution. Fear not you'll be one of the first to know when it's on sale!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: