Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday fun

We knew today was going to be another wet one so decided before we went to bed that we would have  little bit of a sleep in. Happily the animals agreed and we didn't get up till nine o'clock this morning. Sure enough it rained throughout the night an is till raining now. Nonetheless I still took the dogs out and they both had a great time running in the rain- as did I. It's a real treat to see Xali running and jumping. as he gets older I worry about him. He's twelve so hopefully we've still got a another couple of years together at least.

When we got back in both dogs proceeded to dry themselves on the furniture, despite our protests. They and the cats then spent the rest of the day relaxing as you can see from the photos.

I on the other hand have been busy with my usual scribblings.  I have managed to take my story a little further forward and now have just over 13,000 of the needed words. That's just over 20%. With my new printer I've printed off everything written so far and Tony's been busy proofing and making the odd comment or two.

I've put the story to bed for the day now, but ideas still bounce atround in my head- I think it's become a bit of an obsession, but a good one I have to say.

This afternoon, whilst I've been writing we've had the 'Vintage Channel' on the box. How good was music back in the 70s, 80s and even for part of the 90s?
We've been playing the 'guess the year' game and not been too bad at it either, especially with the songs that are connected to well grounded memories, like this one by Candi Staton -How I remember grooving like a mad thing in the school hall at our Christmas discos. Today I've just been shaking it down all around the living room, while Cuddy joins in and Xali looks on and wonders!!  

1 comment:

  1. Mark I am so glad that you are doing so well with your writing - it is fantastic that the bug has so successfully bitten. I have had to call a holt for a day or so - just need to get my house back in order.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: