Sunday 20 November 2011

A 'Winner' day

No prizes for guessing what I've been up to today. 'Winner' is coming along nicely, flowing like a novel even, and I really don't know where the words are coming from. Characters appear in the story almost of their own bidding, and almost as soon as I've scribed their name I know all about them: their pasts, their family history, their desires and more. The only thing I don't know is where they are going in this story. . It really is uncanny. I'm almost an onlooker as I type. The story is coming from a part of my brain hitherto untapped , and a part that is unconnected, disconnected from the rest of me. AND ... as you may be able to tell I am loving it.

Today I wrote almost 4,000 words and have about 11,500 to write. This story, however, will not confine itself to just the 50,000 prescribed by the challenge. I know there are more words than that I need to write to tell Joey's story, but I'm just leaving it to the other part of me to decided what happens, when and how and just where and what the ending will be, which incidentally I still have no idea about.

For now I'm off to my bed to dream my dreams of success. For last night I did just that. I dreamt I went into a shop here in VnG and asked if they would stock my book. They agreed without question and wanted nothing in return except friendship from the author. The Universe is working on my behalf, even in my night dreams to make my day dreams come true.....

1 comment:

  1. Mark - I love that you have written exactly what I feel. Writing a novel, is just like reading one for me and it seems for you. You open a new page and someone appears who has a story to tell and we are just the scribes.

    Loved your last emailed story - tried to send you some thoughts but it bounced back - hmm maybe wasnt' supposed to send those to you. So didn't send it again.

    Will comment again later.

    Hugs
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: